- Michelle Chintanaphol has returned from Thailand. Welcome back Michelle!
- Various lab members presented work at CROI 2019 (Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections) in Seattle, Washington:
- Dr. Shelli Farhadian presented her oral abstract "CSF HIV RNA detected at <20 copies/ml associates with blood-brain barrier measures." Click here to view her presentation.
- Dr. Payal Patel participated in a themed discussion to present her work "Trajectory analysis of cognitive outcomes in children with perinatal HIV." Click here to view her discussion.
- Ryan Handoko, medical student presented his poster "Minimal Incidence of CSF escape after initiation of ART in acute HIV infection." Click here to view his work.
- Julian Weiss, medical student, has joined the Spudich Lab team. Welcome Julian!
- Rachela Calvi has completed her phlebotomy training and is now a NHA accredited phlebotomist.
- Dr. Shelli Farhadian has received the Yale Iva Dostanic Physician-Scientist Award. Congratulations Shelli!
- Julian has been awarded the G.E.R.M. (Grants for Emerging Researchers/Clinicians Mentorship) granted by the IDSA Foundation and HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA) to provide support for medical students on a longitudinal mentored research project for one year on infectious diseases-related topics, including HIV. Congratulations Julian!